Ike Taylor Lays Bounty ON Holmes


Ike Taylor: I'll Lay Santonio Holmes Out
By FanHouse Staff
Ike Taylor apparently didn't get the memo that this week's matchup between the Steelers and Jets isn't personal.

A week after the NFL warned teams that any trash talking before games would be considered when judging discipline for illegal hits, Taylor spoke about former Steeler teammate Santonio Holmes, who will be playing his former team for the second time this season.

Though Taylor said he's still friends with Holmes, he said he is going to "try to be as disrespectful as possible" when the teams take the field, saying, "friendship doesn't enter into it then."

"I'm not going to hesitate to lay him out," Taylor said. "No question at all. You know why? Because he ain't going to hesitate to crack on me if he gets a chance

Earlier in the week, Holmes downplayed the matchup.

"I think the personal game is out the way. I got a chance to beat them the first time around," he said in reference to the 22-17 Jets win over the Steelers in Week 15.

"This time it means everything for the team, for the organization ... I don't care about the Steelers right now. Those guys are in my team's way. We have one goal -- to win the Super Bowl."

"Everything personal, will happen two, three weeks after," he continued. "If we win the Super Bowl, then everything is personal, that's a slap back in those guy's face for trading me. For right now, that's not even a focus of mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment