Tom Brady Cries When Remembering Draft Day

For the last few years, we're all reminded that Tom Brady was drafted with the 199th pick in 2000. Apparently it's not something Brady wants to be reminded of.

The future Hall-of-Famer broke down when recalling his draft day experience. The interview was part of "The Brady 6",  an ESPN documentary about the 2000 QB draft class and how Brady became king of it.

Via ESPN:
Brady stopped for several seconds, lowered his head and began to cry.

"It was just a tough day, you know?" he continued. "I just remember being there with my mom and dad."

Brady's chin continued to quake. He paused again to gather himself.

"Sorry about that," Brady said. "You know, they were just so supportive of me. They take it as emotional as I do. Finally, when the Patriots called, I was so excited. I was, like, 'I don't have to be an insurance salesman,' you know?"

Three-time Super Bowl winner. Two-time Super Bowl MVP. Two-time NFL MVP. Six Pro Bowls. Highest-paid player in the NFL. Married to a supermodel. Don't cry, Tom. You won. You won big.

No comments:

Post a Comment